Advanced Spine & Rehab discusses car accidents and treatment
Following a car accident, it is important to be aware of the common signs and symptoms that can show up days after the accident. Some common symptoms that may not appear until later include:
- Headaches: can be a signal of a potentially serious problem, such as injury to the neck or head, a blood clot on the brain or a serious concussion.
- Neck or shoulder pain or stiffness: x-rays, CT scans or MRIs may be necessary to properly diagnose an injury.
- Back pain: may be caused by injury to the muscles, nerves or ligaments in the back or by damage to the vertebrae.
- Abdominal pain or swelling: can be an indicator or internal bleeding, with other symptoms including dizziness, deep purple bruising and fainting.
- Numbness: loss of feeling in the hands and arms can be an indication of damage to the neck or spinal column.
- Changes in personality: impaired thinking or memory, vision problems, hearing problems, impaired movement, depression and personality changes are all potential signs of traumatic brain injury.
If you have been involved in a car accident, it is in your best interest to seek medical attention. If these or any other symptoms appear several days after the accident, it is important to visit a doctor that is experienced in handling injury symptoms that appear following a car accident. This will increase your chances of receiving the proper diagnosis and treatment. At Advanced Spine & Rehab, we have years of experience assisting those who have been involved in a car accident. Contact us to set up an appointment.