Advanced Spine Provides Quality, Safe Treatments with Experienced Professionals
When dealing with an opioid addiction, you need all of the help you can get to overcome the addiction. One method that has helped many people move beyond addiction is a Suboxone treatment plan. Considered to be a long-acting opioid because its effects can last for up to three days, Suboxone offers a number of short-term side effects that are beneficial in terms of helping individuals beat their addiction.
Fighting Opioid Addiction with Suboxone
Many of the side effects of Suboxone or actually beneficial in terms of helping to treat opioid addiction. Some of these effects include:
- Relieving pain with a strength that is 20 to 30 times more powerful than morphine
- Creating a mild euphoria that can last around 8 hours while the general effects of the medicine can last 24 to 72 hours
- Instilling a sense of calm and inflated well-being
- Lowering stress and reducing the perception of worry
- Increasing feelings of relaxation
Since Suboxone acts as a depressant, it slows you down rather than speeding you up in the way a stimulant will do. Since the effects last up to three days, which makes the effects more dispersed and less intense, the risk of negative effects is lowered.
Reducing Risks with the Proper Treatment Program
As with any medication, there are certain risks associated with using Suboxone. Some of these include confusion, nausea, respiratory depression and sleepiness. With the professional care of the medical team at Advanced Spine & Rehab, you can rest assured these negative side effects will be monitored and that we will create the treatment program that is most appropriate for you and your needs.